This award is a way to find new blogs and getting to know those smaller blogs that need a helping hand getting their foot in the door. If you’re nominated take the badge/ button above and post it on your blog 😀 simple as that!
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
What author do you own the most books from?
Cassandra Clare. I don’t own as many books as people think I do, granted it is still quite a lot, but Cassandra Clare has the honor of being crowned champion of most seen name in my library. With the recent release of Lady Midnight I now own a total of 12 books by Cassie.
What started you reading?
I know the common answer for this question is Harry Potter, but my answer is Twilight. I was wanting to get into reading and asked a friend to suggest a book for me to get. Twilight was her answer and I loved it! Funnily enough I found out awhile back that she has never actually finished the series herself.. despite recommending it to me.
What started you blogging?
I had wanted to start a blog for some time.. but never quite knew what to blog about. I already had my Bookstagram going for a couple months and thought a book review blog would go along nicely with that, and so my new hobbies began.
Your favourite fictional couple?
Well.. anyone who knows me well enough knows my automatic answer is Malec, Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I loved them from the moment they met.
A book you hate that everyone else loves?
Hate is such a strong word.. but a series I disliked that seems to be quite popular among the masses is Scott Westerfeld’s Uglies series. I read all 3 books and the companion book Extras, and while the first book was great and held promise I found the rest of the series had the exact same outline and results as the first book.
Books that made you want to throw them across the room (because of anger or feels)
Clockwork Princess. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. If you have read either of these books then I imagine you’ll know exactly why I want to throw them across the room. The endings.
Favourite book quote?
One of my favourite book quotes is said by my girl Luna Lovegood in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. This quote just resonated with me, and the little nugget of wisdom is one of the many reasons why I love Luna.
“Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.”
Favourite underrated book?
Honestly? Most of the books I highly enjoyed are either quite popular or simply well known. But if I had to choose a favourite book it’d have to be The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.
If your house was flooding and you could only fit 5 books into you backpack to save them what would they be?
I can only save five books?! *chooses to go down with the ship*
Who do you like more? Batman or The Joker? Superman or Spiderman? Iron man or The hulk?
The Joker. Spiderman. Iron Man. Out of those three, The Joker. Why? Because he’s a big bundle of crazy.. and we don’t need anymore heroes, we have enough of those. Villains are where it’s at 😉
What is your favorite book? *evil cackles*
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I have had the biggest obsession with all things Wonderland for as long as I can remember, to the point where I will read/ watch just about any adaptation of Alice there is in the world.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I have an unhealthy obsession with Doctor Who. I make a Doctor Who reference at least once a day.. not even kidding.
- I have my own TARDIS.. lamp.
- One tattoo, and 4 ear piercings (1st and 2nd lobes, left conch and right tragus).
- I read the Harry Potter series from start to finish for the first time just last year. I know, could I be any later to the Potterhead party?
- Pottermore says I’m a Gryffindor, but I’ve chosen to be a Ravenclaw. Wit beyond measure is man’s greatest treasure.
- I can’t whistle, and my brother picks on me for not being able to.
- For as long as I can remember I’ve loved New York City, despite never actually having been there before in my life.
- I’m not a superstitious person by nature. However I do have a few crazy beliefs when it comes to things concerning ghosts/ spirits/ souls.
- I hate Cool Ranch Doritos.
- One of my favourite movies of all time is Homeward Bound, if you haven’t seen it go watch it. I challenge you not to cry at the end 😉
- For the first time since I was really little I had a nightmare that woke me up. I dreamt that a rat/ mouse was trying to burrow into my neck and I woke up batting it off.
- What is the last series you completed?
- A series/ book you’ve been meaning to read but haven’t yet.
- Who are your Top 3 Auto-Buy authors, and why?
- What adaptation you like more than the book?
- Who was your favourite character of the last book you read?
- What series/ book did you make yourself finish but didn’t like?
- Hardback, paperback or eBook?
- Do you prefer long series, trilogies or stand-alones?
- Favourite classic (adult/ children’s) you’ve read to date?
- A classic you’re afraid to read but would like to?
- When do you do most of your reading (day, evening, night)?
Sorry it took so long to get this up! I had some.. brain malfunctions, that resulted in me having to redo the whole thing and then I just got busy. Anyways I nominate:
Thank you for reading!