Hi everyone! Sorry, I know.. it has been awhile since I last blogged. My reasoning is simple, I’m sure many of you experience the same thing, COLLEGE. I’m only in my second week and I’m already wondering if I’ll survive it.
Anyways, my dear friend Cherry over at Read Forevermore nominated me for The Infinity Dreams Award! Me being so new to the blogging community was completely baffled by this (honestly I still don’t understand what’s going on) but nevertheless thank you Cherry!
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
11 Facts About Me:
- If you are new here then you may not know this, but I am without a doubt one of the most obsessive people you will ever meet.
- I have a 5 and a half year old rabbit named Maple. Do not be fooled by her name because she is definitely not as sweet as it suggests.
- As I briefly mentioned earlier I am a very obsessive person. Some of those obsessions include (but are not limited to) Doctor Who, Sherlock, and cats.
- I insanely decided to start my bookish Instagram, rabid.reads, and this blog near the end of 2015. Leaving me with the constant feeling of neglect now that I am in college.
- Speaking of college. I am in the Veterinary Assistant program, and it’s already the cause of so much of my stress and attitude.
- You cannot take me anywhere near a pet store because I literally end up wanting every little furry creature I see. I wish I was kidding.
- This is slightly embarassing (unless you are also a Whovian, then you know my pain) but I can’t even talk about the Tenth Doctor’s regeneration without tearing up.
- I should be writing out notes from yesterday and today’s classes but instead I’m writing up this blog post. (shhh!!)
- My favourite books I own are probably The Mortal Instruments/ Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare OR my box set of the Harry Potter series (Bloomsbury editions).
- I once spent one entire summer holiday watching Pirates of the Caribbean (just the first one) every single day. Once a day. Every day. For 2 and a half months.
- Sticking with the same theme as the previous fact.. I have a love for pirates.
My Answers to Cherry’s Questions:
- Who is your number one fictional boyfriend?
Seriously Cherry?! You would give me one of the most impossible questions of all time. My number one fictional boyfriend would have to be.. ok, if I had to choose one guy I’d have to choose Magnus Bane from The Mortal Instruments/ Infernal Devices/ The Bane Chronicles. Glitter and all I love the High Warlock of Brooklyn.
2. What is your favourite opening line from a book?
To be honest opening lines to books aren’t something I remember, so after a quick look at some of the books I own (and have read to date) my favourite for some might not even be considered an opening line. To me however it is the first thing you read so it counts! The following line is from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin:
“My name is not Mara Dyer, but my lawyer
told me I had to choose something.”
If you have yet to read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, and that line doesn’t instantly make you curious about it then I’m sincerely concerned for you.
3. If your life could have a soundtrack, what songs would be on it?
Well.. here’s hoping you know these songs. (If you don’t please check them out!)
- Youth – Troye Sivan
- White Blood – Oh Wonder
- Your Song – Ellie Goulding
- Tenerife Sea – Ed Sheeran
- Submarines – The Lumineers
- Tee Shirt – Birdy
- Sweater Song – Hedley
- Lost Boy – Troye Sivan
- Masterpiece – Jessie J
- One Life – Hedley
- Beautiful – Virgina to Vegas
- Make Me Fall – Nina Nesbitt
You have no idea how hard it was for me not to have this soundtrack consisting of nothing but pure Hedley amazing-ness Cherry.. the struggle was real.
4. What are some of your other hobbies besides reading?
When I’m not obsessively writing out notes or doing required reading for class you can be sure I’m binge watching SOMETHING on Netflix. That’s pretty much a given.
5. If you were your favourite book character, what would a typical day in your life look like?
Oh boy.. well.. basically I’d be in my Brooklyn apartment, with my totally amazing cat Chariman Meow. Probably hanging out with my badass Shadowhunter boyfriend. Can you guess who I am yet? I’ll give you one more hint, I’m famous for my glitter.
6. What do you love most about blogging?
I love having a platform that I can write about anything I want and hopefully people are reading it and enjoying it. I also love that people can leave opinions or friendly comments if they want.
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
So many places. I have always wanted to go to New York City, see the Roman Coliseum in Rome, walk along Blackfriar’s Bridge in London (those who have read Clockwork Princess know why!), see a sunset in Australia. Those are just a few of the places on my list.
8. Favourite kind of ice cream? 🙂
Probably the easiest question out of all of them.. that spot is reserved for strawberry.
Seldjana and Merima of The Book Orchids
Farrah & Laila the BOOKWORMS
Mel at WOLRDOFBOOKS.X
Serena at livinginthepagesofbooks
Any of the Elves of The Bookelves team
Silanur of Aloofbooks
Samantha of Dream by Day
Ashley of Said the Story
Maw of Dear Maw
Bianca The Ultimate Fangirl
*If you have done this before I’m sorry, you don’t have to do it again. Also since a couple of these blogs have two or more hosts I’m counting that as 11+ nominations 😉
- What was the last book you bought, that you have yet to read?
- What song gets stuck in your head the easiest?
- Can you recommend me one book you think I haven’t heard of yet?
- Can you play an instrument, if yes what instrument can you play?
- Last TV show series you finished watching?
- What is your favourite movie?
- Herimone Granger or Luna Lovegood?
- Who is your favourite OTP? (book, tv show or movie)
If you’ve stuck around this long I thank you from the bottom of my heart! I had fun struggling through answering Cherry’s questions 😛 and can’t wait to read yours.